The plank is a simple workout that can be performed anywhere at home, in a gym, or on a holiday. The Plank exercise might be very simple, but at the same time, it has a long list of benefits as it works on many muscles simultaneously.
This particular exercise is a strength-orientated exercise that will improve the strength of your muscles in various areas of your body with the help of your body weight and gravity. Sounds good, doesn’t it? So let’s look at which areas of your body the plank exercise improves:
- Upper Body. When performing the plank, your biceps, shoulders, and neck are being worked.
- Lower Body. The plank not only works on your abs, but it also puts pressure on your chest, lower back, bottom, thighs, and calves, working all these separate body parts at the same time.
So, do you think this exercise is perfect for you? Want to know how to perform it? It’s very simple:
The challenge is maintaining posture for a certain time period — 20 seconds on the first day up to 5 minutes on day 30.
Whenever you include these workouts in your daily routine, you’ll get more benefits:
- You’ll gain strength.
- You’ll improve your posture.
- It will stimulate your metabolism.
- You’ll work several muscle groups.
- It will help prevent injury.